Puzzl's (Y Combinator S19) Payroll API enables companies to create a custom end-to-end payroll experience, fully automate their back-office operations, and helps workers get access to their entire paycheck the same-day.
We are hiring a Full Stack Engineer as a part of our co-op program. If you are taking a gap year, and want to get work experience at a startup, now is the chance! This co-op position lasts for 12 months (September '20 - September '21). You may work in-person (SF) or remotely until end of COVID. Note: We do not provide sponsorship for employment visas.
In our current world:
- 50% of Americans live paycheck-to-paycheck and still have to turn to overdrafts, payday loans, and credit card debt because of a delay in payment.
- Powerful companies in the gig-economy will be required to transition their workforce to W2 employee status for compliance reasons, and are lacking the proper tools to create compliant speed-of-payout processes.
- Enterprises have to hire lots of back-office personnel to do menial data-work to process payroll for their workforce. This procedure is time-consuming, expensive, and results in a lot of processing errors, especially for industries with a high volume of shifts and workers.
- Stripe-like API that automates payroll processing
- Workers get their entire payroll the same day, for free (no more waiting 2 weeks for your paycheck)
Here are a few example use cases of our Product:
- Gig-Companies can use Puzzl's API to process instant payroll for their workers directly on their proprietary app.
- Fast-food chains can connect all of their onboarding, scheduling, and POS tools to process instant tips, and daily payroll for their workers.
About the Spartan Full Stack Role
“One Spartan is worth several men of any other state.”
To be a Spartan engineer is to be a strategic thinker, relentless fighter, and intrepid leader. Spartan engineers care about precision, take a disciplined and creative approach to solving problems, and are team players at their core.
Full Stack Engineering Role
Your role will expand with the company, but for now you will play a critical role in:
- Quicker Payout: Puzzl believes all workers should get their hard-earned money the same day. You will be helping us roll out new and complex financial offerings, allowing for quicker pay for all.
- Product Usability: We believe in making something people love. You'll be building user-facing tools and developing systems to improve reliability and usability.
- Customer Success: Our customers are our #1 priority, and they rely on us for their payment infrastructure. You'll be gathering feedback from customers, iterating our product, and launching new features.
You should join Puzzl if
- You're an obsessive builder or a side-project/hackathon enthusiast.
- You've built products from the ground up.
- You're well-versed in: React, NodeJS, and AWS.
- You want to be on the forefront of shaping the world's payment infrastructure and care about the problems we're trying to solve.
- You think you can beat us in a game of Catan.
You could be the missing piece in our Puzzl.
To apply, you can reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your email below and we'll get in touch within 24 hours!