Puzzl's (Y Combinator S19) Payroll API enables companies to create a custom end-to-end payroll experience, fully automate their back-office operations, and helps workers get access to their entire paycheck the same-day.
We are hiring our first Spartan Data Engineer— the founding, data engineering role. You may work in-person (SF) or remotely until end of COVID. Note: We do not provide sponsorship for employment visas.
In our current world:
- 50% of Americans live paycheck-to-paycheck and still have to turn to overdrafts, payday loans, and credit card debt because of a delay in payment.
- Powerful companies in the gig-economy will be required to transition their workforce to W2 employee status for compliance reasons, and are lacking the proper tools to create compliant speed-of-payout processes.
- Enterprises have to hire lots of back-office personnel to do menial data-work to process payroll for their workforce. This procedure is time-consuming, expensive, and results in a lot of processing errors, especially for industries with a high volume of shifts and workers.
- Stripe-like API that automates payroll processing
- Workers get their entire payroll the same day, for free
Here are a few example use cases of our Product:
- Gig-Companies can use Puzzl's API to process instant payroll for their workers directly on their proprietary app.
- Fast-food chains can connect all of their onboarding, scheduling, and POS tools to process instant tips, and daily payroll for their workers.
About the Spartan Founding Data Engineer Role
“One Spartan is worth several men of any other state.”
To be a Spartan engineer is to be a strategic thinker, relentless fighter, and intrepid leader. Spartan engineers care about precision, take a disciplined and creative approach to solving problems, and are team players at their core.
Data Engineering Role
Your role will expand with the company, but for now you will play a critical role in:
- Scaling our backend: Puzzl hosts thousands of workers and processes millions in wages. You will help us boost our product's performance, achieving the "Five Nines" , maintain reliability, and scale our system to keep up with the high demand.
- Architecting: You will be taking the lead on setting up foundational infrastructure and making architecture decisions. You will be creating, first-hand, the payment infrastructure for employers. You will be trusted with operating a non-trivial portion of the world economy.
- Help us build out our engineering team: As engineering lead, you will be setting the foundation of our a strong engineering culture at Puzzl.
You should join Puzzl if
- You're an obsessive builder, past startup founder, VP of engineering, or a side-project/hackathon enthusiast.
- You've built highly scalable data infrastructure from the ground up.
- You're an expert in:
- NodeJS, Java, Docker, Kubernetes, both SQL and NoSQL, and AWS
- Big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark)
- Developing CI/CD pipelines
- You've previously worked in or have extreme literacy in the fintech/HR space.
- You want to be on the forefront of shaping the world's payment infrastructure and care about the problems we're trying to solve.
- You think you can beat us in a game of Catan.
You could be the missing piece in our Puzzl.
To apply, you can reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your email below and we'll get in touch within 24 hours!